• To see to the local operations and monitoring of the generating unit
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Understanding of the basic principles of power generation
• Knowledge of industry, plant, company, equipment, scientific, technical, tool, safety, and personnel terminology.
• Knowledge of how systems interrelate and the impact of this interrelationship on plant operations.
• Knowledge of the location of equipment, basic knowledge of how the equipment operates and normal operating parameters.
• Ability to observe and identify abnormalities and deviations.
• Ability to identify and report out of compliance or unsafe conditions.
• Ability to measure and take readings accurately.
• Ability to recognize types, shapes, and sizes of materials and equipment.
• Knowledge of the relevant safety standards, regulations and procedure
Education and Work Experience
• Ordinary National Diploma in any of the following Engineering Fields (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Production, Metallurgic and Material) Engineering or any other related Engineering field.
• 0-2 years’ relevant experience in any organization.
Skills and Competencies
• Good knowledge of engineering techniques and practices
• Good analytical ability
• Knowledge and experience of working with relevant modern hand mechanical hand tools
• Good knowledge of safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
• Good written and oral communication Skills
• Problem solving and attention to details
• Good use of Microsoft Office tools
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission: Friday 19th May, 2023