Invitation For Registration of Vendors With Egbin Power PLC
EGBIN POWER PLC has 6 X 220MW HITACHI steam turbine units that operate on a continuous-duty cycle, which generate and export electrical energy to the Nigerian National Grid.
Each unit comprises a steam generator with reheat and superheats cycles, an extraction steam turbine with the automatic run-up and supervisory systems, and a hydrogen-cooled generator with auto synchronization and voltage regulation. Combustion air is provided by two 50% duty forced draft fans and the feedwater cycle comprises a steam surface condenser with air ejectors, tube cleaning equipment, two 100% condensate extraction pumps, two 50% condensate polishers, two 100% condensate booster pumps, three 50% duty electric boiler feed pumps and feed heating trains of three L.P heaters, one deaerator, and two H.P heaters.
Egbin Power Plc operates six deep water wells from where freshwater is generated and transported to the demineralization and water treatment plants. Demineralized water and natural gas are used to power steam turbines connected to shafts that turn and cut across generator windings. Electricity is generated at 16kV and transported to the Nigerian National grid at 330kV.
Egbin power plant was commissioned about four decades ago (1984). It was then owned and operated as a public enterprise by the Federal Government of Nigeria. At that time, the Federal Government of Nigeria, under the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA, later renamed Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc), owned and operated all the Grid-connected power plants (including Egbin Power Plant), power transmission facilities (National Grid) and power distribution facilities in the country. Egbin Power Plant was thus owned and operated by the Nigerian Federal Government until it was privatized in 2013.
At EGBIN, our capital expenditure supports thousands of jobs and businesses in Nigeria and delivers a substantial contribution to the economy each year. We depend on key suppliers and third-party providers, locally and internationally, for the supply and maintenance of equipment and services that we utilize in meeting our objective of providing electricity to Africa’s largest economy.
2. Asset Register
Egbin Power PLC’s asset register comprises a Main Plant, a Balance of Plants (BOP), a Housing estate, and a fleet of vehicles. The Main Plant has six power-generating units. Each power-generating unit is comprised of:
- 12.5MPa boiler
- 220MW steam turbine that operates at 3,000 rpm
- 3P, 50Hz 245.8MVA hydrogen-cooled generator (stator and rotor)
- 3P, 50Hz 270MVA generator power transformer
- 3P, 50Hz 15MVA unit transformer
- Balance of Plant (BOP) comprised of several pumps and auxiliary equipment
There are also the Common Services assets that provide common services to the six power-generating units. These common services are:
- Instrument and service air
- Natural gas
- Hydrogen gas
- Demineralized water
- Black-start power supply (provided by 1 X 21 MVA) gas generator and 1 X 2.4MVA diesel generator
Egbin Power Plc also owns and manages
- housing estate comprised of about 400 residential housing units.
- school complex (comprised of a creche, primary school, and secondary school).
- sports complex (comprised of a swimming pool, squash court, lawn tennis court, indoor and outdoor gyms, and two football fields).
- multi-purpose complex (comprised of a restaurant, bar, and supermarket).
- two passenger boats.
- fleet of vehicles.
3. Reasons For The Registration Of Vendors
Due to the Company’s in-progress and planned capacity expansion plans, capital asset replacement projects, and its Operation and Maintenance (O & M) Excellence aspirations, the Company seeks to expand its Vendor Database by inviting various categories of service providers and manufacturers to register with its business. Potential vendors can seek registration in as many categories as they have competence in.
The vendor registration categories are listed below:
Vendor Registration Categories
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of major electrical power equipment.
- Electric motors
- Switchboards (including feeder pillars)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of high voltage (>1,000V-ac) electric cables
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of low voltage (<1,000V-ac) electric cables, earth cables and lightning conductors
- Design, engineering, installation, testing, commissioning, and repair of large electrical power equipment (MUST be registered with The Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA) or its equivalent in the host country where the company is domiciled)
- Electric motors (≥100MW)
- Generators (≥100MVA)
- Transformers (≥100MVA)
- HV switchboards
- Design, engineering, installation, testing, commissioning, and repair of small electrical power equipment (MUST be registered with The Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA) or its equivalent in the host country where the company is domiciled)
- Electric motors (<100MW)
- Generators (<100MVA)
- Transformers (<100MVA)
- LV switchboards
- Original Equipment Manufacturer for power transformer insulation oil (with a breakdown voltage of up to 70kV)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer for lubricating oil, greases, and chemicals
- Inspection and testing of oils, lubricants, and chemicals
- Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA)
- Dielectric breakdown test (for insulation oils)
- Machine health tests
- Lubricant health tests
- Contamination health test
- Training and Capability Development Services
- Provision of other HR Support Services
- Facility Management – installation, O & M, and upgrade of the built environment
- Food & drinks supply and catering services
- Provision of manpower services – HSE, engineering, PM, unskilled labour
- Marine transport services
- Leasing of marine-crafts
- O & M of marine crafts
- Land transport services
- Leasing of salon vehicles, buses, and 4WD vehicles
- Leasing of articulated vehicles (fort-lifts, cranes, lorries, etc)
- O & M of salon vehicles, buses and 4WD vehicles; and articulated vehicles
- Air transport services and travel desk management
- Flight bookings (domestic and international)
- Immigration & visa processing
- Customs clearance
- Hotel/accommodation booking (domestic and international)
- Tourism booking
- Corrosion management services
- Original Equipment Manufacturer: valves
- Original Equipment Manufacturer: compressors (up to 800kW)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of pumps
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of heat exchanges (multiple types)
- Inspection and certification of physical assets
- Lifting equipment
- Boiler and pressure vessels, etc
- Life assessment of physical assets
- Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment
- Overhaul of steam turbines power plant
- Boilers (>12MPa)
- Generators (>240MVA)
- Turbines (>20MW)
- Transformers (>240MVA)
- Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment
- Maintenance and turnaround of heavy-duty pumps (≥400kW)
- Maintenance and turnaround of light-duty pumps (<400kW)
- Maintenance and turnaround of heavy-duty Motor Operated Valves (MOVs) (>14,000psi)
- Maintenance and turnaround of light-duty Motor Operated Valves (MOVs) (<14,000psi)
- Maintenance and turnaround of heavy-duty manual valves (>14,000psi)
- Maintenance and turnaround of light-duty manual valves (<14,000psi)
- Maintenance and turnaround of heavy-duty fans (>1MW)
- Maintenance and turnaround of large compressors (up to 800kW)
- Maintenance and turnaround of other static mechanical equipment
- Heat exchangers
- Process lines (flowlines)
- Maintenance and turnaround of other rotating mechanical equipment
- Blowers and fans (<1MW)
- Oil purifiers
- Seal oil/vacuum system
- Provision of general support services
- IT (printers, servers)
- Medical equipment
- Hand tools
4. Requirements For Proposal Submission
The minimum requirement for registration is listed below, and potential vendors are required to submit documents based on these requirements:
- Company Profile; including but not limited to:
- Company’s Vision
- Mission statement
- Core values
- Street address of company headquarters and offices.
- List of partners and franchises (where applicable)
- List of services the company provides
- Company’s Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Policy
- List of completed activities and projects
- Name(s), email addresses, and phone numbers of the Company’s contact person(s)
- List of the company’s Board of Directors and Management Staff as at the date of submission
- Certificate of registration/incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) or its equivalent in the host country where the company is domiciled.
- Audited Financial Account (the three most recent financial years)
- Tax Clearance Certificate (three most recent years) – where applicable
- Copy of Regulatory Operating License(s) (where applicable)
- Evidence of registration with the Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA) (or its equivalent in the host country where the company is domiciled)
5. Submission Of Proposal
The PROPOSAL documents shall be submitted by email to [email protected] with the subject header marked “PROPOSAL FOR EGBIN POWER PLC”.
Interested vendors, who meet these requirements, should submit the required documents, clearly indicating the registration category or categories being applied for not later than 4 pm, 17th April 2023.
Vendors already registered with Egbin Power Plc should re-apply indicating the categories they wish to register for. These vendors need not re-submit any document(s) that they have already submitted to Egbin Power Plc at the time of their prior registration with Egbin Power Plc.
Please note that Egbin Power Plc reserves the right to reject PROPOSALS where they are received after the deadline indicated above or if requirements are not satisfactorily met.
DISCLAIMER: This Invitation FOR PROPOSAL does not constitute any commitment on the part of Egbin Power Plc. Furthermore, the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against Egbin Power Plc by virtue of such parties having responded to the PROPOSAL invitation.
All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this PROPOSAL invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the respondents only.
Any inquiry regarding this PROPOSAL can be emailed to [email protected]
Egbin Power PLC.